Thursday, August 29, 2013

Strawberry Pickin'


 
Picking Strawberries was on our bucket list this summer.  So, one morning I loaded the kids up and we found a U-Pick berry farm not too far away.  There's something about popping fresh, sun-ripened berries into my mouth that I LOVE.

When we got out of the car we could smell the berries!  Yum.   It didn't take long to fill up these two boxes.  We lucked out with big berries as this particular farm had just opened for picking and wasn't picked over yet.  The kids did most of the work as bending over in the heat 8 months pregnant just isn't as productive as you'd think.

 
 

We came home and made a batch of strawberry freezer jam the first day.  I like to use Certo Liquid Pectin by Sure-Jell and I always follow their recipes from inside the box.  The jars are Ball Plastic Freezer Jars.  I can find both at my local grocery stores or big box stores.


 

We cooked and processed two batches of strawberry peach jam the next day.  The strawberry peach was my favorite of the two.  Next time I'll try raspberry peach.
 



Do you pick fruits with your family?  What do you make with them?  I want to do peaches next summer!  In the mean time, I'm off to make more toast.

Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Friends , I wanna say that if you want to Strawberry Pickin' then You should visit in the Kona Condoz For sale because there are so many fields of strawberry in this Island .After that,another Strawberry's feeds are found in the Big Island real estate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's interesting. Thanks for sharing this with me. We are busy with our daily routine work but forget to give time to our families. As a result, we should fix a time that we can devote to our families. On that day, you should not do anything. We just talked and played some online games with our family. We also benefit from it in terms of our health. In addition, when you play an online game, you should pay attention to your CPS (clicks per second). You can become an expert in games when you increase your CPS. More importantly, you will become a professional player from your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello dear, I have a good news for you if you want to spray your strawberry fields evenly, I think you should prefer using a drone for this purpose. Because drones like DJI Agras T40 are the best option and we can also save our time. It works in a comprehensive manner by mapping the fields.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an inspiring blog. I really like the way you make the children engaged with strawberry picking. It is really nice to see all your activities in summer days. Home made foods are healthy and it is always try to prepare things in our kitchen. I appreciate your effort.
    Ayurveda clinic near me | Best ayurvedic clinic in DHCC

    ReplyDelete